The Eton Traders Association
Established in 1977, the Eton Traders Association is broadly based, representative of and a collective voice of the Eton business community. Any person or company in business or a profession is eligible for membership.
The objectives of the association are:
- To protect and promote the trade of its members
- To improve the commercial environment of Eton
- To provide social opportunities for improved contact between both its own members, and members from other bodies
Today, the majority of businesses are members, not all of who are in the retail trade.
Through an active body of committee members the association organises: -
- Events, publicity and advertising to promote Eton
- Eton.co.uk web site promoting businesses in Eton and providing visitor information on Eton
- Social events to encourage networking among the business and resident community
- Liaison with Council officers and Councillors, Windsor District Chamber of Commerce, Southern Tourist Board and Thames Valley Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Eton Traders Association and Windsor and Eton Town Partnership
The Windsor and Eton Town Partnership is a public/private sector venture which has the support of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead and a number of locally based key businesses and organisations.
The Partnership has a Board, which is chaired by a local Councillor. All Board members make a financial contribution which enables them voting rights and a seat on the Board. The ETA represents many small local businesses in the town centre and is also a Board Member.
The Partnership, through the Local Authority employs a full time Town Manager responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of key projects agreed by the Board. Windsor and Eton has for hundreds of years been a cultural and historic centre for the region. With two of the UK’s biggest tourist attractions located within the town, more and more people find the centre an irresistible place to come and visit, work and shop. The town has become a great place to socialise, whether it is to come and eat at one of the many fine dining restaurants or take in a show at the theatre. It is the duty of the Town Partnership to highlight and use those attributes to develop a wide range of activities which supports its local economy and ensures a sustainable and vibrant town centre.
Our Town Manager is Paul Roach.